College Savings Foundation How Americans Save for College Through Their 529 Plans Video Contest
Official Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase of a product or service from the Sponsor or any of its members or companies will not improve the chance of winning. Void where prohibited. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Participation may require internet access. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 P.M. EASTERN ON the last day of each month of the contest; January 31, 2016 and February 29, 2016.
- Eligibility: The Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 19 years of age at time of entry, have a social security number or a U.S. taxpayer identification number and have an address that is not a P.O. Box (the “Entrant”).
Employees, officers and directors and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, and spouse) and members of their household (whether or not related) of the College Savings Foundation (CSF) and its members, the National Association of State Treasurers and its members, the Council of State Governments as well as any advertising and promotion agencies, website providers or other parties involved in any aspect with the creation, production, operation, execution and fulfillment of the Giveaway are not eligible to win.
- How to Enter: The Entrant must complete the survey at [www.collegesavingsfoundation.org/] to be entered in the Giveaway. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY the last day of each month of the contest; January 31, 2016 and February 29, 2016 AT 11:59 pm, EASTERN TIME. No limit on an individual’s number of entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, or corrupted entries, whether due to technical or computer malfunctions or otherwise.
- Random Giveaway/Odds: The Winner(s) will be selected on or about February 12, 2016; March 18, 2016 in a random drawing (the “Giveaway”) from among all eligible entries received by the Sponsor. Odds of winning the Prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Prize: A grand prize of $500 in a GiftofCollege™ 529 card will be awarded to one (1) Winner each month. A Winner is not a winner of the Prize unless and until the Winner and Entrant’s eligibility has been verified and the Entrant has been notified that verification is complete. The Prize is non-transferrable. The Sponsor is responsible only for delivery of the Prize and is not responsible for Prize utility or otherwise. The Winner should consult his or her own tax advisor about tax implications, if any, associated with the Prize. The Prize may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with the Prize are the responsibility of the Winner.
- Notification: The Winners will be notified by telephone. Allow 8-12 weeks following the date of the actual Giveaway for confirmation of the Prizes. The Prizes may be awarded to an alternate Winner (selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entrants) if (i) Sponsor is unable to reach the Winner at the telephone number provided; or (ii) three (3) good faith attempts to contact the Entrant live by telephone are unsuccessful. Only two prizes will be awarded; $500 each. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Prizes as set forth in these rules to be available and/or claimed, the Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible Prize claims.
- Miscellaneous and Conditions of Participation: This Giveaway is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Entrant. By entering the Giveaway, Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Giveaway, and each Entrant warrants that (s)he is eligible to participate in this Giveaway. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant if these Giveaway rules are not followed, and to change, alter, or amend these Giveaway rules or to alter, modify, suspend, or terminate the Giveaway, as necessary, in its sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Giveaway or to comply with applicable law.
- Release: Each entrant agrees, except where prohibited by law, to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Sponsor, its trustee, employees, agents and representatives, officers and directors and their immediate families, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Giveaway, from any and all tax liability that may be imposed on or associated with receipt or use of the Prize, and from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses, fees, injury or losses sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, use or misuse of the Prize or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any Giveaway-related activity.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Giveaway, the Entrant grants to the Sponsor the right to publicize the Entrant’s and Winner’s name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, statements, and biographical information in all manner and media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for advertising, trade, and promotion purposes without compensation and without opportunity for review.
- Limitations of Liability: The Sponsor, its members, trustees, employees, agents and representatives, officers and directors and their immediate families, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Giveaway shall have no responsibility or liability for (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in telephone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; (iv) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway; or (v) failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled, corrupted or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an individual’s ability to enter the Giveaway, including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering the Giveaway or downloading any materials related to the Giveaway.
- Entrant’s and Winner’s Personal Information: Information collected from Entrants will be maintained by the Sponsor and its representatives in accordance with applicable federal and state consumer privacy laws, rules and regulations.
- Copy of Rules/Name of Winner: For a copy of these rules and/or the Winner’s name, send your request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the address listed below.
- Sponsor: College Savings Foundation, 2111 Wilson Blvd., Suite 700 Arlington, VA 22201.
- Disclosure: This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Savingforcollege.com.